Home Page

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mid-Week Meditations

During my trip to Mexico last week, I had days upon days of silent reflecting on the beach. Silence and nothing but the sound of the crashing waves was in my mind. I was purely in the "now" and was hypnotized by the beauty of my surroundings. It was awesome.


Needless to say, the day I returned, I had a million emails, phone calls to make, and a ton of work to get caught up on. In a matter of a couple hours, my oh-so-fabulous days of a zen like mind frame went ka-putz.

So, I made a pact to myself that at least three times a week I would try to get back to the same tranquil place that I did on my trip. I  found a fabulous guided meditation here to help me get started and I thought I would share it with whoever else is interested.

After doing it for two days now, I definitely feel a new sense of calm energy and I think that I might have to make Mid-Week Meditations a weekly post so I don't break this fabulous habit!

As Deepak Chapra so wisely states,"Silence is the great teacher, and to learn its lessons you must pay attention to it. There is no substitute for the creative inspiration, knowledge, and stability that come from knowing how to contact your core of inner silence."

Sigh...I adore that quote. I hope you have an incredibly peaceful day and find time to get back to a place of tranquility and inner silence!



*first image is from personal files & unsure of original origin...please tell me if you know where it's from! second and third image is from the style files

No comments:

Post a Comment