Home Page

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pretty in Purple


I have to be honest. I have never been a big fan of purple in my home until about a year ago. I think is stunning, the epitome of chic and cheerful in other people's homes and apartments. I do tend to grow rather sick of it when it is in my own home for a long period of me. However, when my good friend over at The Margaret Files helped me pick out pillows for my brown couch about a year ago, I had an instant change of heart. We found these fabulous geometric purple, black and white pillows, along with an ombre purple pillow and a fabulous (Missoni inspired) purple and khaki throw, which perched on my couch for over and year. For me, a year of not changing the look in a room is huge. I actually might bring back the purple vibe this summer, thanks to the images of inspiration above. There is something so fresh and modern about the color. The lilacs and grey-purple tones are perfect for the bedroom because of their tranquility, while bold or darker purples look great in living rooms, dining rooms or even in a kitchen like in the picture shown above. I also love the combination of  all of the different purple hues paired together, adding richness and a dynamic interest to a room. Also, how fabulous is the first picture's carpet? I am also adoring the purple zebra print table clothe in the third to last picture. So playful, trendy and fun while still having an important layer of sophistication. How do you feel about purple in your home? Thoughts, concerns, tips? Have a wonderful start to your week! xo

images 1-6 via decorpad. Image 7 from house beautiful Image 8 via

No comments:

Post a Comment